From:
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 12:54:02 -0400
Lots to tell you this week!  I am so excited that Ferrets 2000 is so close!
Only less than 2 weeks to go!

This week, Carla was adopted.  I'm going to miss her.  We had such good
times together.

We took in a little boy this week that just breaks our hearts.  His mommie
called my mommie to say he was sick and she didn't have money to care for
him.  He wasn't using his back legs, wasn't eating or drinking and was just
laying in his pee pee.  He had lost all his weight over 3 weeks (3 weeks!
i can't imagine anyone letting me go without food for 3 weeks!).

Auntie Olympia to the rescue!  She went over and picked up the little guy
and took him straight to the vet.  His teeth were so decayed and bacteria
filled, they looked like little chunks of blue cheese.  Auntie Paige came
to meet auntie Olympia at the vets and took the kid home for constant goo
feedings and meds....thank you auntie Paige.

Tugger, our blind and deaf ferret is doing great!  Mommie even thinks he'll
make it to meet all of you at Ferrets 2000.  Grandma is goo'ing him 3 x
a day and he's getting some meds for his cysts in his eyes and his upset
belly too.  He's gained weight and just loves to bomb around the house with
Princess.

Zakk the Doberman (who thinks he is a ferret) is finally with his new dad.
He was picked up late Thursday night and taken to his new home.  Mommie
cried again, she's really going to miss him.

Love to all,
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org
Subscribe to the Ferret Aid e-list at

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!