From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:13:36 -0400
>From:    Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: vaccinations
>Yesterday at Ferret Fun Days, I gave 18 more Fervac-D vaccinations.  O as
>in Zero reactions!  Yea!  What am I doing right???  I am getting close to
>900 vaccinations this year with oonly one minor reaction.

I'm just guessing of course, but since you've vaccinated 900 ferrets in 8
months they can't be all yours.  Is that legal?  Don't you have to be a
licensed veterinarian to practice medicine on someone elses animal?  I'm
pretty sure you can do medical procedures on your own, just not someone
elses.  Or perhaps you are a vet and I just missed that part.

What would you do if you did have a violent, life-threatening reaction to
a FERVAC vaccination at a fun fest?

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc