From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 22:57:20 -0400
I would like to appologize if I was to outward with my post about the lady
in OH who wants to give up her babies only because she is getting married
and her man told her to do so.  I might have been a bit out of line, but I
was very nice about it, and never said anything that would slam someone.
The reason for my outspoken thoughts on this is because I've been there,
and I know she loves her ferrets, and I'm sure in her heart she doesn't
want to give them up, but she is in love and we all know we do crazy things
when we're in love.  But before she does give them up, I was hoping to get
across to her to change her mind, to work with her finance on them, let him
know how important they are to her, and that she would like them to be
apart of their new family.

It also gets me upset like this because at the shelter I see so many
ferrets, dogs, cats surrendered only because their boyfriend or girlfriend
said they couldn't move in with them, to choose.  You would not believe
how much of that I see, and it really breaks my heart.  I am far from
perfect, but I would never give up my babies for anyone, because I know how
emotionally hurt THEY would be and how hurt I would be.  I know this poor
lady will be heartbroken, so why put yourself and your babies thru that,
work with your soon to be hubby on this, I'm sure that if he loves you he
will take your feelings into consideration and will tell you to keep them.
I pray that this is the case.

Again, I didn't say anything mean, but if any of you took my other post as
flaming, I'm sorry as it was not meant that way.  I tried saying everything
in a pleasant way, and I hope you see that.

LYNN