From:
Amy Lotto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1993 20:15:10 -0400
I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my plea for help.
Unfortunately the saga continues.  Its getting almost humorous.  Cleo is
just refusing to go in the litterbox and now Missy doesn't want to use it
either. *ACK*  I have now acquired four litterboxes.  I put the boxes
wherever Cleo seems to like to go(not just in corners now... she'll go
anywhere along the wall).  Everytime I move the litterbox she starts
choosing to go right next to it.  Thank god we only have one carpeted
floor.  I just don't know what to do.  The place smells like a zoo.  My
boyfriend, even though he loves the pets, is really getting tired of the
smell as am I.  The fleas just won't die either.  We took the kids to a
friends house and closed up all the windows and bombed the place like
crazy and used hand-spray stuff to get certain places extra good.  We
used a vet-recommended flea shampoo on Cleo and Missy and brought tham
back to the house after it had aired out really well.  Now, a few days
later my boyfriend is complaining about flea bites nand the pets are
scratching again.  I am at my wits end.  I can't even get fully unpacked
it seems because I spend half my at-home time chasing after the pets,
trying to clean up their messes and get rid of the smell.  Cleo has been
being destructive lately, getting into the garbage and knocking it over.
She has figured out how to open cupboard doors and drags stuff out.
I love my pets very much but I can only deal with this for so long.
Anyhow.  We are going to try flea bombing again and I think the pets will
be confined to one semi-bare room until they learn how to use a
litterbox.
        On a more pleasant note Cleo and Missy are getting along better than
ever.  Since the cat has entered our home Cleo has been much more friendly
and happier.  She just didn't get to play enough before with us boring
humans around :)
        Thanks again for all the advice.  It is, of course, still welcome.
 Any more hints would be much appreciated.

Amy, Cleo and Missy