From:
Plashette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:52:54 -0500
First and foremost, Jim Higgins and Sue Thomas "do not have first hand
experience" on this subject.....they are reacting on the "word" of Jackie
Hawley.  Both Jim and Sue live in South Florida and have not been apart
of this situation (which is in Jacksonville, Fl) however.....I have been
there personally and "know the entire truth".

The FML is not supposed to be used as a battle ground, but these posts
have been left through???  So let the record show:

<Jim snip>
>Well today this "other person" showed up at the Dook Nook with a deputy
>sheriff and seized Ben and another ferret named Jeremy.

---Yes, b/c a court judge had reviewed the case and ALL DOCUMENTS which
PROVED these two ferrets were being held against their will by Jackie
Hawley.

<Jim snip>
>he still needs to be fed soft food every four hours

---And only ONE person on this earth can provide these feedings????
PLEASE........

<Jim snip>
>and has to be watched very closely as the skin graft he received has not
>completely healed.

---Then why did Jackie Hawley REFUSE Ben a final checkup at the Vet School
w/the doctor who performed this very special surgery before he relocated
to another state??  Jackie Hawley even had a very reliable and trustworthy
volunteer offer to drive Ben to this appointment, as well as, a cash credit
available for further treatment???

<Jim snip>
>The person that now has taken possession of Ben is very seldom at home
>where Ben can be given the proper treatment and care that he needs and
>deserves.

---And you know this to be TRUE b/c of "what personal knowledge"??  If you
live in south florida and she lives in north florida how is it that you
know her daily schedule????

<Jim snip>
>This person had no interest in Ben until it was learned that the AFA
>wanted to do a feature article on him and they could get all the notoriety.

--I have seen no article written to date by the AFA, however.....Jackie
Hawley did have the Florida Times Union visit her shelter and publish an
article w/photos in the local Jacksonville Newspaper.  Not to mention
three post to the fml last evening.  So who is it that's looking for
"notoriety"???  (SYMPATHY)

<Jim snip>
>The ferrets are always kept in secret, no one gets to see where or how
>they live and when she does happen to adopt one out she takes the ferret
>and meets the adoptor in a neutral place, I don't consider that a good
>operating policy.

--I'd be careful speaking from your OPINION or the word of Jackie
Hawley: "liable" remarks can get you into trouble.

<Jim snip>
>story of Ben the ferret that had bit and electrical cord and had a big
>hole in the roof of his mouth.  The operator of the Dook Nook took on the
>responsibilty

--Let it be known that Jackie has allowed Ben and other ferrets have
playtime in her den, with MANY ELECTRICIAL CORDS EXPOSED from her lamp
and computer system.

In closing; Keep in mind Jim HIggins and Sue Thomas have no "honest first
hand experience" of their stories......flame is all it is.  They should
both be ashamed of themselves.

If anyone wants "nothing but the truth" feel free to email me privately
as I DO HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE of this situation and will be happy to
assist.

Plashette and the ferret ducklings
(everybody lets follow mommy)