From:
bill and diane killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 05:26:09 -0400
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Breeding/TPP/KCF
>Do you know what she was feeding and can you tell us how you know this?

We do not have it handy but Charlie sold "information" including the recipe
for her "food".  The specifics elude us now but we noted the imbalanced
diet in her recipe.  The structure of the ferrets we saw matched the
diet.  All coat with no muscluature and apparently weak bones.  All of
our information that we are passing along is first hand.

[quoting us]
>>We are concerned about the size of the endeavor but have no reason to
>>suspect Kit and Caboodle is destined to be a problem.
>
>How can you think this if what you said about their breeding stock choice
>is true?

They may cull most of the ferrets from breeding stock.  We prefer to give
the benifit of the doubt.  Sure there is a chance that in a few years we
will be running to Tennessee and pulling out lots of ferrets.  But it
doesn't have to be that way.

>Excellent suggestion about the shows.  I believe that enteries in classes
>should be limited for each breeder/household and always have.

Please write to us off list if you are interested in ideas like this.

>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: some oranges and yellows; the new breeders
>
>One more thing: I think that show judges in the shows by any group should
>be able to disqualify ferrets which show malformations or known genetic
>problems except from the handicapped categories

That is already the case.  Except for Waardenburg.  So far no sanctioning
body has stood up to that one.  We don't expect it soon unfortunately.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets