Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:54:24 +0100
Hi all

I've got a group of 10 ferrets and over the last month I kept seeing really
strange poops in their toilets.  It only happened at night between 8.00
p.m.  and midnight and there would be one or two poops in a night and then
only every few days, not regularly.  Then one night I discovered who it
was- Jack did one in the bathroom when I was watching him...

The poops he does are very slimy, they don't look like they contain any
food, they're yellow/ orange and sometimes a bit light green.  My partner
says they look like bile.  The vet examined and x-rayed Jack but everything
was okay.  He also eats alright and does normal poops all the time and only
does the slimy mucus poops every few days... He acts normal as well, not
like he's sick.  Except for showing signs of insulinoma.

Has anybody ever had a ferret that did poops like that?  Anybody got any
idea what could be wrong with Jack?  I read my ferret vet books but could
not find anything.  I've done a page with the poops, if anybody wants to
have a look at the last poop Jack did.  It looks on the photo like there's
some blood in it but there wasn't, it just looks like it on the photo.
Anyway, the page is:

http://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk/poop.htm

I really appreciate any help, I'm so scared that Jack has a bad illness...

Best wishes from
Ulrike
and Jilly, Jack, Igor, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno, Rose,
Jasmine, Barney and Spike

Missing Angel and Hope

West Wales Ferret Welfare
http://www.ferretlove.freeserve.co.uk