From:
Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:58:26 -0600
I just think of the ferrets as part of the family -- I wouldn't really
say they were a "hobby" any more than I would say my partner's mother is
a "hobby".  My HOBBY is, obviously, picking up ferret sh*t.  But I still
have time for music and pottery, which is to say, my other hobbies.

I think of a hobby as something I would like to do for a living if there
was any money in it.  I wouldn't want to raise ferrets for money, so that's
why the term doesn't seem right to me.

Of course, whatever people want to call it (hobby, obsession, masochistic
compulsion...) is okay with me.  As long as the ferrets are getting the
love and care they need and deserve, I'm jus' fine with it.

Brandon
+Baldrick
+Mishika
bedlam