From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:21:03 EDT
As some of you know...only those that were at the GCFA show, though...Julie
and I purchased, and raffled off, a Ferret Christmas Afghan to benefit ADV
research.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  Approximately $200.00 was collected on the
afghan alone.  Thanks to everyone that bought a raffle ticket!
Congratulations to Doreen who won it!

Ferret Reflections has generously offered to donate $10.00 to ADV research
for every Christmas Afghan that's ordered from there.  I don't know if I'm
allowed to put the info here or not, so please just e-mail me for a link to
the picture of the afghan and the price.  If you want one, you need to let
me know soon, as they take 4-5 weeks after Kathy places the order.  Also,
we have to have at least 10 orders for her to be able to place an order
with the manufacturer.  I hope that makes sense...

I wanted to say, also, how much I enjoyed seeing old friends at the GCFA
show, as well as "meeting" new ones!  I was so happy to finally get to meet
Mary Mewton, as well as Kat Parsons and Lydia.  It was great seeing Ron
Carter again, Amy, Pam, and so many others.  Like everyone else, I was
thrilled to meet Kim Schilling and take a peek at her book, "Ferrets for
Dummies".  She is such a sweetie...great work, Kim!  This book is much
needed!  Once my medical expenses subside, I am definitely ordering one.
(Of course, that may not be until your Second Edition comes out...but I
will get one!)

I'm so sorry I didn't go out to eat and get a chance to visit.  I was
absolutely exhausted.  When I found out the party lasted until 1:00 a.m.,
I knew I'd never have made it half that long.  It's something I'll regret
forever, though.

GCFA put Dr. Nye's article on ADV in every show packet.  Way to go!  It's a
very informative article.  I've had many people write me to ask questions
about ADV.  So many of you simply don't know what it is, but "feel stupid
asking" (that's how one sweet lady put it).  Please do NOT feel stupid
asking on the list!  The more questions that are asked, the more people
will learn about it...what there is to know anyway.

I hope it's o.k.  to post the URL for the article so everyone can access
it.  PLEASE go read about it...it's so very important.
http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/dusk/617/adv_info_1.html

Judy