Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 23:43:14 EDT
My sincere thanks for a marvelous day attending The Greatest Ferret Show On
Earth.  Sacrifices were made, sleep was lost, backbreaking work went into
carrying in the tons of tables.  chairs, supplies, cages, and little ones.
It all looked like a feast for the ferret crazed eye.

GCFA volunteers wore the same colored shirts with STAFF in large letters
so they could be clearly identified.  GREAT idea.I personally liked their
selection of gifts raffled offf-especially that giant otter, ferret play
house, ferret music box--GORGEOUS- and the beany babies and cat tree house.
Yummie.

I could hear the speaker no matter where I was, the fun contests went
smoothly, and I guess the judging stuff went very well from all the
laughter and happy screams and smiles.

I got to meet the ever gentle Kat and her husband, and see Judy and Ferret
Dad, and Julie, and meet the Petersens from FURRY.AND I was able to see Kim
Schilling and have her sign my book-"Ferrets for Dummies." I just finished
reading it.  I could have saved over $300 this year if I had read this book
before my last vet trip.  Funny, engaging, complete, and honest: it was the
best ferret book I have read to date.  I cannot think of anything left out.
Kim: I can see how it took you 3 years to write, and was excited for you
seeing everyone mobbing you for a book.

Page 269 has a picture of Norm from GCFA.  And he is thanked in the authors
acknowledgement with Julie and Sandy and Sukie and Jean and others from our
FML.  Norm is one of the amazing people at GCFA that keeps the shelter open
with his deep devotion.  I was delighted to see him honored in this book.

Thank you guys for making this event possible, and for making it so
wonderful for me and my young friend, and my little poopers.  It is truly
one of the highlights of the year for us.

Lisette