From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:04:53 -0700
We keep activated charcoal handy but I've never given it to the ferrets -
till tonight.  Not as an emergency, but as a test.  Activated charcoal is
a fine black powder that comes in a gel cap, and it can ruin just about
anything it comes in contact with.  What I did was to take about a
tablespoon of Gerber Chicken & Gravy and mix part of the capsul into it.
All the ferrets were offered what looked like grey morter or something
reamed out of failed plumbing - and they all loved it.  So I added the rest
of the capsul and set the bowl on the floor.  It's all gone!  Of course in
about 3 hours, when I see what's waiting for me in the litter pan I could
regret this little experment!

Activated charcoal is great stuff, I've taken it, and given it to my dog
a number of times.  It will de-activate some really harmful substances.

Georgia - the left coast one...