From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 05:56:00 -0500
I guess I kind of waited on posted here about her until I felt comfortable
in her chances of recovery.  This is Jojo's story.

The person who turned her in claims to have only had her a couple of weeks,
that she was dumped off by someone they knew.  According to them, their
friend asked them to watch her for a few days and when they called to find
out when he would be picking her up, he told them to just dump her or turn
her loose somewhere.  He *claims* he just ran out of food the day before
and she hadn't eaten in a day.... but I don't believe it.  I once rescued
a ferret who had not eaten in 10 days and this girl looks only slightly
better.

The cage she was turned in with is small, a style I would use for surgery
recovery or an elderly ferret.  It was bare except for what once was a
hammock, crusted in filth and dirt and god knows what else, full of holes,
etc.... food dish and water bottle... only *cough cough* toys was a bird
mirror and a hot wheels car.... bottom of cage approx 4 inches deep, solid
covering the floor, mixture of clay cat litter, corn cob and poop.

Intake Status: Weight: Appx. 14 ounces, Dehydrated, Covered in
fleas.Anemic.  Thin, coarse, dry coat.  Hair patchy and bald spots which
looks due to the flea infestation.  Hind legs and feet almost totally bald
with purplish blisters... burns from the waste in her cage.  She was turned
in on 9-11-00.  She is now about 1 pound 5 ounces and still eating heartily
and is blossoming into a sweet, happy fuzzy!  To see her full story, intake
pictures and updated pictures... visit the "Shelter Ferrets" section at:
http://members.home.net/furtulsa/