From:
ekrueger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:03:58 -0400
Hey all!
This is my first post tho I've been 'watching' for almost 2yrs now.  I
have three ferrets that are the loves of my life.  My first ferret "Tash"
is a 5-6 yr old BEAUTIFUL chocolate sable with a big bull (but darling)
face.  He was a hob when I got him and was just neutered about a year ago.
I got him free from my X cuz he didn't care for him properly so I adopted
him....... stinky butt and all. :)

I just recently added Smokey and Tazz to my crew.  Smokey is 5, a black
sable and has a tumor on his tail along with poor body tone, and cloudiness
in his eyes, he is going to be looked at Monday.  I took him in this
condition.  I am sure it is cancer.  Send your best wishes for him.  Tazz
is a healthy, 1.5yr lite chocolate.  They were being fed 9 lives cat food.
Tazz and Smokey came to me from a woman who's young son tragically died.
She said she couldn't accept money for the good home she knew they would
have.

The REASON for my finally posting after two years?  I got all my ferts for
FREE.  I am a college student, I work, and I have many animals other than
my ferts.  All were rescues except for my horses.  I have rehabed and found
homes for those I couldn't keep.  I do not have the money to buy ferrets.
I would rather spend the money to buy them treats, the best combination of
ferret foods, necessary and fun care supplies, and, of course, put some
towards an emergency savings stash.  (Like for Smokey) And I do donate to
several shelters and also volunteer.  I would rather see the ferts go to a
loving home.

Shelters: do the extra interviews, follow your gut instincts about people,
see if they are willing to volunteer at the shelter a few times, we ARE out
there with plenty of love to give. :o)  Best wishes to all in need of a
prayer!

Sincerely,

-Elke
AND: Tash, Tazz, and Smokey(the ferts), Tux and Precious (the kibbies),
Sweetie, Sunny and Gage (the horses), and Mortimer (the iguana in need
of a home)