Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:10:01 EDT
Marcy writes (and contact her with advice: [log in to unmask]):
[forwarded with permission]

I adopted Rudy about 3 weeks ago.  A week ago I found out he has
insulinoma.  I am a newbie with ferrets and have about 6 months experience
only!!  I have a healthy female ferret, Hazel, which I have owned for about
6 months.  [Now 10mo.]

In the short week since his diagnosis, Rudy has gone down hill.  He is
extremely skinny (i can feel and almost see his spine and ribs).  He
doesn't eat, even though I have gone to great lengths.  He is currently
on Prednisone, which makes him sick.

Due to my lack of experience, I am in desperate need of help or aid.  Rudy
doesn't play, and seems to resent even my waking him from his naps.  He and
Hazel hate each other and he is making her miserable.

Basically, this situation is straining me emotionally and I am pleading for
some assistance.  Rudy looks so bad, and acts so terribly miserable that I
am afraid I will come home and find him dead...Can anyone help??

Marcy