From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 20:21:29 -0700
The greatest thing about this list is the wide variety of opinions offered!
I believe there is no right or wrong-with this in mind, I wanted to tell
about my SuperPets Cages so others could here a different side.  I love
mine!!

I have the SuperPets 6 footer-except I took it off the metal stand because
first, I thought it was flimsy and second, it didn't roll worth a sh*t!  So
the cage is sitting right on the floor.  I removed all the tubes and bought
extra shelves and custom designed the inside!  My guys have no problem with
the ramps, but I may have mine less steep than others do.  I also bought
extra tubes to make a tunnel going around the outside of the cage-I have
heard others say they fear these might fall apart.  Mine all fit together
tightly and I have also secured each tube with 2 chains-if it should ever
come apart-it won't fall to the ground.  But I check daily and it is as
secure as the day I put it up...and the guys love it!  I have caught them
sleeping in it from time to time-but mostly they play chase...round and
round and round!

I also connected another smaller SuperPets cage-about half the size of the
big one, on to it!  It connects with a tube and they seem to love that,
too!  As for cleaning, maybe it's because I only have three, but I just
don't see cleaning as a big deal!  The shelves pop right out for easy
removal.  I use a scoop to completely empty the litter boxes, then wash
them out while still in the cage.  There are two litter boxes-one in each
cage.  I have to wash out the bottom the of cages anyway, so it doesn't
take that much more work to wash the litter boxes out, too!  The one thing
I don't like about it is that sometimes when a precious baby is asleep, I
would like to pick them up and cuddle them...but sometimes they are out of
reach!  Anyway they seem to like the cage-mine use the tunnels on a daily
basis, there s plenty of room for playing, many places to hide and sleep!
But like I said, the difference could be that I only have three ferrets
in it!  More ferrets would mean more mess and maybe a need to clean more
often.  But for me and my guys-we are pleased!!  And I am contemplating
purchasing another one to connect on!  Just my opinion and experience.  Oh,
one more thing...the front cage doors do tend to open rather easily.  I
purchased small suitcase type locks to put on the doors for overnight.
That way they can't escape!  I leave the key hanging in the lock all the
time so in case of an emergency evacuation, I don't have to fuss around for
the key!  It is also secured to the side of the cage by a chain, so if it
should happen to fall out of the lock-it won't go anywhere!

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow