From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:07:27 -0500
You all see the situation with Kista Ferret Shelter....

I can take in some of her ferrets..  a good 12-15..  our shelter currently
only has 5 rescues and I also have foster homes available.  I have spoken
with Kim by phone and she has some healthy enough for transport.

Now the problem:
Kim is in Manahawkin, New Jersey... which is about 30 miles North of
Atlantic City.  I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  My van is not anywhere near
capable of such a trip.  We want to arrange transport... through some
sort of Ferrets Across America type thing.

Kim is normally the FAA coordinator for that area but is obviously not able
to really take the time to coordinate any efforts.  I feel comfortable with
the van enough we could make a drive of up to 2-3 hours one way to meet
with a leg in the journey.  ANYONE who is at any point between Kim and me
who could help transport, PLEASE contact myself, Kim or Lisa.

If anyone wants to volunteer coordinating the transport, please!!!!  Even
if if takes a dozen different people, each only driving 2 hours... let's
make this happen!

Susan
Ferrets Unlimited Rescue of Tulsa
918-437-3553