Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:01:59 -0500
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Mikette and her helpers, Baby and Jill wrote:
>Just wanted to share this with you other fuzzies for inspiration.  Keep
>working on whatever you're trying to break into.  Persevere, you'll get
>through!!

Ah, yes.  We have one of those rolling buckets with seat lid in the ferret
room for some storage, and at first just shoving the lid down well worked
to dissuade Ashling, then we had to add two tie downs, then four.  Now
there are eight tie downs.  She has studied it well, hissing often, and
has decided that by untying three or four next to each other on one
side,lifting the lid, then banging against it repeated with a bit of
rocking thrown in for good measure she can open it enough to get inside.
The chore took her an hour the first time she succeeded but she is
practising daily.  Suggestions?

Bonding: we have two who are very closely bonded, but otherwise all of our
older six mostly get along (Ashling and Seven are luke-warm abotu each
other, butnone of them have ever fully wamrd upto Seven; she has trouble
figuring out socializing.) We will have piles of one, two, three, four,
five or six sleeping together at anytime.  The cage has six levels for
when they are in it, some soft, some hard, some combo, with four litter
pots and six beds, though at times we've had more beds in it.

Virus: after two days I am through the worst, but the ferrets seemtoget
past it in about a day and a half, so they are faster with this bug,
fortuneately, and have encountered no secondary complications or
re-infections with them, at least not yet so hoping for that trend to
continue.  Still, a word to the wise: do be careful!  In this case we all
seem to have been exposed at the same time without knowing it.  Mentioned
the virus on the FOB and learned that we aren't alone by a long shot.