Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:40:35 -0400
From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Susan wrote:
>I discourage people to advertise a free or cheap pet.  If someone is
>willing to take on the responsibility of a pet they should be ready and
>willing to pay a fair price.

Alternatively, pets can be offered free WITH A VET RECOMMENDATION: that way
the people know that the potential owners use a vet regularly, and that's
one of the truly important indicators -- much more valuable than money.

Errrr, intelligent Pranksters like Ronnie, and Sean's mom (name skips me),
and Georgia, and Judith, and Ela, and Ilena can be called a minx each, but
the critters are minks... (Okay, dictionary says "pert and saucy female"
but that is SO 1950s and I hated the 50s...)

Request: Re.  the Marshall Farms discussion; since many of the problems
exist in pretty well all the large breeders (not just MF) but each with
it's own variant; why not consider how to improve ALL; after all, since
everything else has been tried over and over again with only slow advances,
legislative or beaurocratic efforts will be needed or this just becomes
another cyclic empty and frustrating gripe session again, and if one large
breeders is changed without others that are just as bad not being improved,
then those remaining bad ones will undercut the one which improved and
ferrets won't be helped at all.  Need to change the ENTIRE LOT for the
better to achieve anything; that means political work is needed.

Sukie, full of allergy meds and hot sauce