Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:33:37 EDT
From:
Please pardon the mass mailing... I don't think I can write this more than
once.  Gaoth ("gwee") died quietly in her sleep sometime Monday night or
early Tuesday morning.  I found her curled up in her blankets, eyes closed,
looking very comfortable, but very cold to the touch when I checked on her
yesterday.

Gaoth was my original, miracle Gravy Girl... already had both adrenals
out when she was dx'd with insulinoma in October of '98, at 4 years of
age.  She wasn't a good candidate for a third surgery (didn't heal well)
so we put her on pred and Duck Soup and hoped for the best.  She was dying,
fading away quickly, in December when Bob C posted his Chicken Gravy recipe
on the FML.  I've burned out 2 blenders since then, but that Gravy gave
Gaoth almost 2 extra years of quality time and for that I owe Bob a big
one.

I'd walk into the room and call out, "Gaoth!  Gweezy-girl, Gravy time!" and
just wait... it only took a few seconds for her little nose to pop out of
her bedding, whiskers twitching, so I could feed her.  That was always the
high point of her day.

She was almost completely blind from cataracts, bare-rumped and thin-furred
from being on pred for so long, but still beautiful - and still the alpha
critter in the business, right up to the very end.  She was the last of my
original 3 ferrets... she outlived Turlough by over a year, and Litje by a
year and a half.  I wish I'd gotten a pic of Bob holding her, when he was
here back in March.

G'night, Gweezy-girl.

Carla