Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 20:12:19 -0400
From:
The first time I met Odo and his companions was about 3 years ago.  Kris
and I babysat for them while their parents went away for vacation.  Odo was
a spoiled guy.  You had to hand feed him.  He gained so much weight while
he was here his parents could not believe it was him.  All I could say was
"You told me to feed him!"

About a year later I received a phone call from them.  I figured they were
going away again and needed a sitter.  This was not the case.  They had a
baby and the ferrets were no longer the center of their attention.  They
just didn't have time.  Would I, could I take them in.  I said yes.

They brought the fuzzies over (2) and I was appalled at their condition.
They used to be fat and gorgeous.  They had lost all their body weight and
their coats were very rough.  Lack of attention had dwindled these guys to
nothingness.

I started the usual regime of feeding (which Odo loved) and got them back
on the right track.  During this time I met a lady over the net that lives
in Illinois.  She wanted Odo in the worse way.  (His cagemate went into
kidney failure and passed) I told her that she would have to take Rocky
also.  (New cagemate).

She drove here and stayed with us for a few days and when she left she took
Odo and Rocky.

Odo was very happy.  She would call him Oh No, Odo!  because he would
always get into things.  He had a very good life.  He did have his ups and
downs, but Marge is a wonderful ferret mommy and took great care of him.

Marge contacted me the other day and told me Odo was doing poorly.  She
called and e-mailed me daily.  At 6:16, Sept. 4th, Odo passed in her arms,
outside, in the sun.  He was cold and she wanted him to enjoy the warmth.
The vet said he was in renal failure and there was nothing they could do.
He was about 8 years old.  (The first people bought him from Pennsylvania
before they were legal here).

If you could please light a candle so the Mr. Oh No Odo can see his way he
was an old fert and probably can't see too well.  If you would like to send
a condolence to Marge her e-mail is:

Thank you,

Mary