From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:51:27 EDT
>Fred- I'm not even going to get into the MF debate, but I've never heard
>of this before- what is MF doing to legalize ferrets in California?  I'm
>interested to hear more...
>Jaime

It isn't so surprising you haven't heard of that before.  It doesn't paint
a black enough image of Marshall Farms.  That's the problem with most of
the information that has been shared about MF on the FML and elsewhere.
Unless the so-called facts present MF in a bad light, they aren't
mentioned.  Like any business, institution, or even individual - there is
good and bad about Marshall Farms.  There are things they do extremely well
and deserve to be praised for, and there are things they need to improve
upon and for which they deserve legitimate criticism.

The facts are that in December of 1996, MF filed a lawsuit against the
California State Fish and Game Commission to have ferrets removed from the
California prohibited list.  The case was heard before the Hon.  Judith
McConnell in 1998.  After hearing the facts in the case, Judge McConnell
ruled against the Fish and Game Commission.  The case was held in the
Superior Court of California, San Diego County and is case number 706133.

[Moderator's note: To be fair, just so readers don't think it's *always*
that way, there was mention of Marshall Farms vs. CDF&G in the FML on
several occasions.  BIG]