From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:23:53 EDT
I haven't yet read Ferrets for Dummies, but I for one, think it's a great
idea.  I even like the title and I'll tell you why.  Someone who might not
be likely to do much research on care of their ferret might conceivably buy
a book with this title.  If this book is available at pet stores I can see
them recommending this book to anyone who buys a ferret.  I think that's
great!  We forget that even though there are over 3000 people on this list
there are many more who have never even heard of it, and even if they had
they would not have the inclination to read it, and they really don't know
where to go to get help and information.

The Dummies books are pretty good really.  They are good at giving people
information on a subject starting from a basis of absolutely zero
knowledge.  This will, of course, not be particularly useful if you are a
ferret expert and have read every book out there and raised ferrets for 20+
years, but there are many people out there who get a ferret with zero
information.  They need something unintimidating, easy to understand, yet
accurate and informative.

So congratulations Kim.  I hope the book is great and I'm planning on
buying a copy as soon as I can find it.

Thanks for all the hard work,
Leigh W.