Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:13:23 -0400
I brought in 3 of my guys in for their vaccines to Eatontown, NJ PetCo and
I was told by a Dr. Rose that 1 in 10 have reactions and "no vet in NJ will
give a ferret both Imrab and FerVac in the same visit." I wonder if this is
the same vet that Lise O'Brien met.  He said he had just been to another
PetCo in Freehold.  My guys have had these shots before and I know they
don't get reactions from either shot and they have had them in the past
together, even if I signed a disclaimer, he would not do this.  Don't get
me wrong, for a ferret that hasn't had the shots before, it is a good
protective reason but for me and my guys, it is making one visit into 2.
Do other states have this too?  Dr. Rose said this has taken effect in NJ
within the past year.

Kym
Oso, Widget, Tasha, Sunny, Hemmingway, and Bumble