From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:15:29 EDT
Dear FMLers.

Okay this is going to be a bit strange even for me, and especially FROM me
but here goes....Stop Bashing Marshall Farms!!!!  Okay so some of their
business pratices are suspect.  I agree.  I have known about the beagle
puppies and ferrets, they raise for research for a very long time.  BUT
to go to a PETA website to read USDA "reports" on M. F.?????  PLEASE!!!!
Give me a break!!!  I have some VERY hard held gripes against Marshall
Farms.  I DO BLAME their routine attitude for losing my Spike to destemper.
All of his shots were up to date andf he died of it anyway, and my vet is
certain that M.F.s "automated machine type vaccination" process was the
culprit.  Spike died because he was most likely double vaccinated with a
cannine type of vaccine.  It took over two years to happen but it did.
None of the other ferts ,even in the same cage, ever had as much as the
sniffles.  Spike was in the hospital for three days before he died.  That
was over 2 years ago.  So I do have a gripe with M.F., but not to extent
that I would opinion that everyone stop doing business with them.  My
daughters just bought me a very cute, very very energetic very small M.F.
Albino female, named Freda.  She is a pill too.  She is everything you
would want in a fert.  She is smart well behaved, very gentle, and yes
quite a handfull.  I have said on many occasions that i would never buy
another M.F. kit.  In a way I guess I really didn't as my daughters bought
her for me.  My point is this.  I have a very neat very ferretey ferret
named Freda, who should be with us for many years to come, because, not in
spite of.  Marshall Farms.  Hey if M.F is really the terrible place they
are portrayed to be, then let us try to get it to change by insisting that
they do things differently.  Lets do it in stages to give the managment
there a chance to change their ways.  Yes, even if it does lead to a full
boycott of everything Marshall Farms, but at least they will have the
chance to mend their ways.

Let's not bite the hand of one of the "friends" that is pushing hard to get
ferrets legalized in California.

I know that I will be FLAMMED HARD for this but this is MY OPINION and
like veryone else's I think mine is of some importance as well.  After
all .....IT IS THE THE FERRETS!!!

Fred Hurd
Reno, Nevada.