From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:57:37 -0700
My mistake: just realized that I said defamation cases fall under Federal
law, but states also have varied statutes governing cases that take place
in their state.  I do not know whether Internet publications are considered
to "take place" in the state where they were posted, the state where the
person who alleges they were defamed resides, or some other variation.
You need a lawyer familiar with Internet/electronic defamation cases and
First Amendment rights to tell you all that.

Jaime