From:
stacy sims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:16:34 EDT
Hi all.  I'm new to FML, and have not owned a ferret for 6 yrs until a week
ago today (9/22/00).  I've surfed the net for the past week and have found
some very helpful information.  I am now very concerned about my little guy.

It seems that all of them get cancer, why?  I don't remember this being a
problem 15 yrs ago.  I also heard through the net that all of the ferrets
that get cancer come from Marshall Farms, is this true?  Does anyone know
why they are prone to this disease?  And is there anything I can do that
might prevent it?

I also have another question.  I purchased Spike from a breeder, not a pet
store.  She told me he was 6wks old, I have never had a ferret this young
before, anyway I was looking at some pics and he looks like many of the 4-5
week old kits.  Is there anyway to determine his aprox age.  We'er going to
the vet soon, but I don't think she knows that much about the fuzzies.
This is a great newsletter.

Thanks
Stacy and Spike