From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:02:24 -0400
My take on Ferrets 2000 is simple.  So many of you have been mailing me
asking me what I thought.  I loved it.  I had a great time and mostly
because of all of you.  Meeting Bob, Bill, Gary, tle, Chris, Dr. Willard
and Dr. Bruce Williams was more than just a dream come true for me.  I
made some great new friends among you and have had invitations to places
all over North America!

I was honored to share special moments with almost all of our speakers &
many of you....moments I will carry for the rest of my life deep within my
heart.  Bob isn't as bad as I thought he would be.  In fact, I was quite
worried about meeting him and had sweated it for almost a year and a half.
He's a great man and I now consider him a great friend.

Dr. Williams....well, what can I say except he is truly exceptional and has
a fan club of young women in Toronto who think he should be on the cover of
GQ mag <g>, tle was soft spoken and at one point broke down, missing her 80
some ferrets at home.  Now, that's dedication.  Chris has a heart of gold
and I only wish I could have spent more time getting to know her.  BIG
still wouldn't admit his middle name, but swears it doesn't start with an
I <g> he's a true joker.

Gary visited my home on Monday to talk with my mom and give her some advice
on Cancer.  It was very kind of him to bring her some Timmy's and red
clover.

This conference could not have been possible without our speakers and the
Ferret Aid Society Board of Directors (Barri Harris, Paige Townsend,
Olympia Liluas, Amy Stewart) & the many volunteers who donated their time
for the event.  A special thanks to Betty for taping the last leg of the
conference when our videographer couldn't & Steve for the audio/lighting.

There have been a few of you who have expressed interest in doing a Ferrets
2001 or Ferrets 2002 and have asked me for advice....here it is.

We can't have 2 or 3 different groups working separately on a Ferrets
event.  I know there are 2 groups right now making separate plans for the
next "Ferrets" event and this simply can not happen.  You must all work
together to make it a success.  It doesn't matter who thought of the idea
1st or where you want to have the event, what matters most is that you
include team work.

I will support you all in your efforts to make this a yearly event, but I
must warn you that one club simply can not do this every year alone.  The
Ferret Aid Society lacked in all it's fund-raising efforts this year
because of the tremendous time demands Ferrets 2000 took.  A lot of our
yearly fun events were not as much fun as last year because we were too
busy with Ferrets 2000.

Having more Ferrets events has to be done, there is no question of that,
but it should be done as a group of shelters and clubs under one
international group (NOT saying it should be ours).

The Ferret Aid Society Ferrets 2000 Conference
http://www.ferretaid.org
Subscribe to the Ferret Aid e-list at

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to
you! Click here!!