From:
Cheryl Nordgulen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:09:57 -0700
Hi Everyone,
Seems like I just lurk and read anymore, except for special occasions,
like the fires in Montana.

I read a post about canine and feline Advantage.  Well, my siser has worked
at the PurrFect Pals Cat Shelter in Arlington, WA for quite a few years
now.  About two years ago, she told me that the only difference between the
two was the packaging.  It is the same stuff, just that there are different
doses for cats and dogs.  The cats get .5 cc's on the back of the neck,
because they lick themselves, the dogs get the dosages as prescribed for
them.  I checked with my beloved vet of 15 yrs, and he confirmed that the
formula is exactly the same.  However, we haven't used it on the ferts,
because they have no fleas at all, and this is Washington State, the flea
capitol of the world.  I would be interested in knowing the dosage for
the ferts, if someone could send me a private email and be sure to put in
a subject line with my name, Cheryl in it, as I have Earthlink with
Spaminator which gets rid of all that nasty spam mail, but sometimes makes
a mistake.  Don't we all.

Chipper has passed her 7th birthday now, and is still doing fine.  She had
the prolapsed rectum which had to be surgically closed when she was a baby,
tore her eye out on a supposedly ferret safe cage when she was 8 weeks old,
more surgery and also had to have a cyst removed as well as her spay.  I
think the good Lord decided she didn't need any more problems.  Freddie
Poo, who came to us with a broken jaw that had set itself, as well as being
emaciated beyond belief, has now been with us for 5 years, and little
Tiquer, who was supposedly 4 when rescued, is still dancing around the
living room.  She is my 35mm film case person.  She also likes the inside
ring and the outside ring of surgical tape, as well as her little ball, the
only toy she had when she came to us.  Critterpen Rescue, only accepts
cases in dire need from the local Animal Shelter now, as I am older and my
health problems are legion.  So far, we have managed to make matches over
the telephone, together with the help of our vet.  So, yes, with good care,
good food and prompt medical attention, ferrets can have a long and happy
life.  And I am so happy to see people who are willing to put out the money
to see that their beloveds get that care.  Isn't it wonderful how far
ferret medicine has come in the last 15 years?

With love to all our ferret lovers, Cheryl