From:
Renee Ryerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:11:43 -0700
The Great Weasel Caper--

So I posted a couple of days ago about flying my ferrets into SFO from New
York. I received a good deal of personal email responses (thank you all!),
and they helped me make my final plans, which are to fly Delta with the
girls in the cabin (an extra $75 each now, by the way) from new york to
reno, and then drive to Berkeley from there. Hopefully, a friend will come
pick me up so we won't have rental plates (which someone pointed out could
be a border problem).

I already got the map around the checkpoints, so I think we should be okay.
Frett and Sully have been staying with an incredibly wonderful FMLer in NJ
(and apparently being quite antisocial with her own ferrets) who was kind
enough to take them in for a couple months while I found a safe place for
them out here. I am so amazed and overjoyed at people's kindnesses.

I leave Saturday and will hopefully be back here with the girls in a week
or so. Thanks for your help and concern, and I will post to let you know if
we arrive successfully.  When we arrive successfully.

Wish us luck!

-Renee, Sully, Frett