Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:12:27 -0400
My favorite FML moment was when I first started subscribing, I think - it
still makes George & me giggle.  Someone told a story about going shopping
for a refrigerator.  She was looking under it to see if it would be easy to
ferret-proof, and explained to the confused salesman, "We have ferrets."
His reply: "Have you called an exterminator?"

Ok, I've been waiting for someone to start another thread about artwork for
ferret tattoos.  Know what would be the coolest ferret tattoo?  Come on,
think about it... A couple blue dots inside the ear, right?

The little ones had their first tennis ball today, I don't know where it
came from, but they were a riot.  Neither one has ever wanted to play
with a ball before, we've offered plenty, but even Chloe, who is not into
objects, was dragging it backward & pushing it with her nose.  She even
chuckled a little, & she tends to be a silent little ferret.  Her brother -
who *is* into certain select objects - lay on his back & juggled it... Then
they carefully put it away under the Morris chair, along with the plastic
animal noses, one special pair of socks, & a particularly nice plastic
grocery bag.

Fall must be coming - hard to believe when it's 80 degrees - but both
ferrets are eating like piggys & getting some of that nice cool-weather
plumpness back.  I wouldn't have said they were doing their coat changes
yet, but Chloe did look a shade lighter tonight, & her tail is definitely a
bit scrawny these last couple of days... This is Massachusetts by the way.

Clucks and chuckles to all
---sharin