Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:53:24 EDT
Hi,

Adam M <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I was wondering, what are the all around negatives about owning them?
>I'm really excited, but wondering what are the downsides?

Negatives (my opinion only!!):

Lack of truly GOOD (nonmedical) info (there are some good books, like those
by Shimbo, Jeans, Shefferman - but these are not as easy to find as the bad
books)

Need for extreme pet (ferret)-proofing

Need to find a vet with the right knowledge and experience (same with any
pet, but harder than with dogs/cats)

Sometimes hard to find the right food and other supplies

Seem to be prone to certain diseases/cancers

Virtually impossible (exceptions exist) to completely litter-train - in and
OUT of the cage

They don't live long enough!

Kim