From:
Liz Blomquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:33:16 -0400
To whom it may concern,

I am no animal expert by far, but what I want to know is why on earth would
anyone go into a place and just start releasing animals without knowing if
they can survive?  I am all for relocation (when necessary) and the
survival of a species.

I can understand rehabilitating and then releasing animals back into the
wild.  What I can't understand is releasing animals who probably can no
longer fend for themselves because they rely on humans.  I also can't
believe that these people do this in the name of justice for the animals.
To me that's like running into a prison and releasing the prisoners in the
name of justice.  You know just on the off chance one of them didn't do it,
I'll let 300 murderers out.  This is ridiculous.  As much as I would love
for these animals not to live in deplorable conditions, I would however
like to see them live.  Not splattered all over the road, or eaten by
another animal, or walk up to someone looking for food and get mauled by
a dog.

I sometimes see animals not being treated well and as much as I would like
to release them and sing Born Free, common sense prevails and I realize
rather than helping them, I'm hurting them.

To me the people who are releasing these animals are no better than the
people holding them.  I would just like to say to the people who did this,
thank you on behalf of all the animals that you have freed, and will free.
I say thank you because most of them are dead and can't say it themselves.
I'm sure these little innocent, helpless animals would say thank you for
killing me in the name of animal rights.

I think these people need to come up with a better plan and some common
sense.