From:
sandy robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 07:31:53 -0700
I'd like to clear up my last post.Several emailed me thinking that this
shelter wasn't caring for said ferrets.Not so.They do a great job,they're
just overwhelmed.When one person is doing all the work,it puts physical
strains on the body over a period of time.This person is dedicated to the
ferrets and does a good job.I was upset over several things when I wrote
that post.Maybe I did come on to strong,but I'm worried about them & the
ferrets.I'm not here to start a war.I just wanted to vent.

I have 20 in my shelter at present & of those,7 are on meds.So,I also give
the Gravy to supplement.I don't have any help with any of the day to day
job of caring for them but do know my limit.And I've reached it.I will take
in more but will do a Ferret Express to another shelter.  I too,don't like
to adopt to people hundreds of miles away,but have.They do turn out to be
some of the most caring ferret parents.They send pictures & update fairly
regularly.Hi Tracey,Tea,Rhonda.I worry about each one that leaves.With
these people I don't.It's the local ones that I do the most visits with.
Not just because it's closer but good ferret vets are rare here.

Maybe this other shelter will be able to help in whatever way possible
with the shelter I posted about.Truely,they do the best they can.