From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 06:52:15 -0400
We've had a very bad summer with ferret food at our house.  No problems
with Totally Ferret (thank goodness).  I've opened 3 or 4 bags of 8 in 1
Ultimate to find a bluish/greenish dusty mold like substance on a few of
the kibbles.  Some bags were worse than others.  In one case, the air
release seal was sliced, like from a razor and one bag wasn't sealed on
top.  In all cases the vendor replaced the bags at no charge to us.  My
issue?  Today I reopened a bag that looked okay last week and its blue
mold city.  Now I KNOW that I have been extra extra careful to make sure
that I sealed the bag up really well.  It had been opened a week ago.

The good news is that thanks to the advice of all you good folks I know
better than to feed the fuzzzies anything that doesn't look or smell 100%
normal.  I also have always fed them a mix of TF and 8 in 1.  I guess that
is for cases like this right?

My questions?  Why is this happening so much lately and can I prevent it?
What's changed?  This is my 3rd summer and I've never had this problem...
I really do prefer to feed them a mix.  Help...

 Kristeen, JT,
 Katie, Matt & Al