Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 20:50:35 EDT
Today I purchased some lovely soothing articles to help overcome the grief
of loosing ones' ferret.  One is a small porcelain photo creation that
opens like a book.  It has a poem on the left, and place for the picture
of your deceased on the right.

The poem is "Always There For You," and ends with--"Remember you are not
alone the Lord is always there." It would hold a photo of your beloved
animal.  The frame measures 7 inches long by 4 1/2 inches tall.  The photo
or art area measures 3 1/4" tall by 2 1/2 "wide.  The poem is encased by
stars and billowing clouds at the top, and a rising sun on the bottom.
The picture frame side is a lovely flower yellow-cheerful, but not brassy.
It is just lovely.

I have an Indian medicine bag to wear or to put in your cabinet with a
clipping of your babies fur.  Inside it fits one of the glass stones I
purchased that has" I love you" written on it.

And I have a small wood hand painted ferret that is only 1 3/4" inches tall
purchased from a Russian art store.

They cost me $5 for the ferret, $11 for the photo creation, $1.50 per glass
stone, and $14 for the Indian pouch that one might wear around his or her
neck, not including tax.

If one of our FML shelters that BIG recognizes as a shelter thinks that
they can sell this or raffle it for $30 or more,I will mail this out.  OR--
If someone is really suffering and wants this, I would ask that you send
$30 plus shipping costs.  I would still be paying for insurance, boxing,
and the taxes I payed on these items.  They were all on sale, by the way.

Good idea?  Yes?  No??  Any other ideas on how to make money for the
shelters with these items?

Please accept my sorrow and condolences for the many losses in our FML
family.  Part of healing is grieving, and these items may seriously be of
tremendous help.  Sandy Reeper sent me an Indian pouch when Baby died.  I
treasured it.  It was like holding on to a raft in the ocean of my sorrow.
I put a clipping of fur in the pouch,and I found it soothing to wear Baby
next to my heart.  It was Something of her-of my love- to latch on to.
Something to hold.  To touch.

It is on display now, and as I pass it, I STILL find it soothing.  Thank
you again Sandy Reeper.

My regards,
Lisette