Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 12:37:26 -0500
I've posted this several times in the past, but since there are always new
people :-)

Ferrets are one of my biggest problems as far as allergies go.  I have
three, and when my aunt said "that's too bad, you're *very* allergic to
them" (I don't go into life threatening reactions, but the impact on my
general health is enormous, and I'm already disabled due to disease) I say
"yeah, too bad, I'm not getting rid of them, or the cats" (second biggest
inhalent allergy.

the test was a blood test.  And the company she gets her allergy treatment
stuff from has done a ferret treatment for me.  It's made all the
difference in the world...particularly since I am physically unable to
vaccum, wash, and do extensive cleaning every day, other than cleaning up
after the ferrets, and my husband won't.  My insurance covers it too.

She is my aunt, but she's a good doctor, and up on the latest in allergy
treatment, and is using treatments effectively that other doctors and even
allergists may not know are effective.  The only thing I get from talking
about this is the hope that someone may suffer with their allergies a
little less or some fuzzies don't end up having to find new homes.  Right
now, ferret has to be custom done, if there are enough people needing it,
the company would consider offering it standard.

My doctor will be happy to talk to people and their doctors about
treatment.  Her contact information is:

Rose M. Mohr, MD, FACS, FAAOA
29101 Health Campus Drive
Bldg 2. Ste 230
Westlake, OH 44145
PH: 440-835-6105
FAX:  440-835-6109
her nurse also has e-mail, but I'll need to check with her about
posting it.

If you can't or won't (like me!) avoid the things you're allergic to,
*treatment* of your allergies is the best option if you possibly can.  I
don't think the company garuntees the effectiveness of the solution, but
it has done a lot in improving my health, it's more than worth a try.

Sue