From:
Amy Isenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:56:53 EDT
Hi everyone.  My youngest is quite a ferret.  At 1.5 he was diagnosed with
a left sided adrenal.  As a baby he was always a trouble maker - oh and he
is deaf - which in his case gets him in more trouble.  For a few months
before he was diagnosed was the only time in his life that he didn't dig
at his litter box.  He was on lupron for three one month shots.  Actually
tomorrow is his 1 year anniversary from his last shot.  He is doing better
than ever now.  He weighs over 3 pounds and is doing extremely well.
However, he has been bac to his old self of digging AT EVERYTHING.  So,
here is the only thing that stopped him from moving the litter box.  Take
some sharp object.  Poke two tiny holes in the upper part of the sides.  (I
have a square litter pan and just do it at both ends of the long side of
the box.).  Take two twisty ties and put them thru the holes and twist
them around the bars of the cage.  Connor hates that he can't move his
box anymore and I love it.  Try it - it is simple and works for my litle
acrobat.

Good luck,
Amy