From:
Pam VanOverloop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:44:31 EDT
My family and I had a good time at the Columbus Show yesterday.  The hall
was spacious and the people were so friendly.  I just wanted to brag a
little about a very special little ferret we brought with us.

I saw an ad in my local paper last fall...you know the type..."Free ferret
to good home".  I certainly didn't need another ferret, but it bothered
me that the ad appeared a second week, so I called and offered to help.
"Sable" was tearfully dropped off here, the family was moving to Singapore
and thought it would be better to place her in a home here rather than
shipping her overseas, quarantine, etc.  A couple years old, a real
sweetheart, they had taken good care of her.  We fell in love with her
right away, and she became part of our family.  I thought she was very
pretty, so I entered her in last springs Michigan show.  One day right
before that show she wouldn't come out to play....long story short....106
fever for a week, x-rays showed a strange lump on her spleen, surgery
scheduled/postponed 3 times until they could get her fever down, then Dr.
Dahlhausen removed a spleen almost one-third her total body weight!  It
turns out the "lump" was actually her spleen pushing into her body
cavities!  Well, that little girl took FIRST PLACE in one of the Sable
Specialties yesterday!!!!  Yeah "Sable"!!!!

PamV and 22 Cincinnati Kids