From:
Lynn Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:17:31 -0400
Dear FML:
On Friday I purchased a 5 pound bag of TF from my vet in Richmond Hill,
Ontario, Canada (just north of Toronto).  I opened it yesterday and when I
went to take a sniff of it I was greeted with a rancid smell that reminded
me of plastic.

I remembered the talk on this site about a bad batch of TF and so I did
not put any down for the ferrets but I did let them sniff the bag and they
did not accept the smell.  (Usually they dive into a fresh bag as it is
probably quite delicious to them).

I called Preformance Foods today and spoke withTrudy who advised me that
bags numbered with COR 31A were the batch BEFORE the spoiled batch but
that some bags of this batch DID get the bad ingredients.  You have to open
the bag and take a sniff as some are good and some are not.  Unfortunately
every bag my vet had was bad.  I am waiting to hear how quickly they can
get new bags and in the meantime can anyone tell me where they are buying
TF in the Toronto area (preferably the north end close to Richmond Hill).
Toronto ferret people please check your TF before you feed it to you
fuzzies.  It smells really OFF and you will know immediately that it is
bad.  Please make sure you check.

Lynn