From:
Eleanor Kohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:05:06 -0400
This is the letter I knew I'd write someday, and that day has arrived.
Sylvia, my daughter's ferret, crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.  She
'waited' for Rachel to return from camp in the Poconos, where she was a
counselor.  Sylvia was 6 years old and had lymphosarcoma, which progressed
very rapidly, as far as we could tell.  She was a very sweet ferret and
made several trips to Rachel's schools.

I haven't posted in a long time, but have been a constant reader through
the years.  I want to say how wonderful Dr. Beeber was when we brought
Sylvia in to be euthanized; they had a special room with the legend of
the Rainbow Bridge, and they allowed us time alone with Sylvia to say
'goodbye.'  He mentioned that a grief counselors conducts memorial services
regularly for pets who've crossed the bridge, to which we'll be invited.

We still have an outstanding subscription to the Ferret Magazine and I wish
Eric and Mary all the best.  I look forward to the remaining issues, when
publication resumes.

I will soon request to be taken off the FML, but have found it wonderful
for all these years, most of which I spent as a lurker.

Eleanor Kohn
email: [log in to unmask]