From:
Vanessa Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 01:27:37 EDT
Hi fellow ferret lovers!  I have seen a couple of postings in the past few
weeks about using peroxide on ferrets for cuts and things.  PLEASE!!...if
you use peroxide, dilute it with water to make a solution that is half
water, half peroxide.  After you use the diluted solution, rinse the area
thoroughly.  Peroxide is good for killing germs and such, but it is not
tissue friendly.  It can actually cause more damage to already compromised
skin.  I am a nurse, and I would never use full strength peroxide on my
patients, my ferrets, or myself.

Please make a note of this...just looking out for everyone.  These same
directions apply for people too!

Ferret Kisses,
Vanessa, Lacey, Abby, Zorro, Isabelle