From:
Linda Prowse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:58:21 -0700
Hi all,

When my ferret, Scamp, had adrenal disease, he was not a good surgical
candidate, so we opted to give him Lupron shots.  I have an excellent
ferret vet, who also works with large farm animals.  Apparently, many farm
animal vets use Lupron for the large farm animals (and I'm not sure why),
and because of this, we were able to get Lupron shots for Scamp at $25 a
shot.  I understand that once a container having Lupron is opened, the
Lupron must be used almost immediately.  So I guess since the farm animals
were using the drug, I was able to get it at a lower cost for Scamp.  The
vet assured me that the Lupron was "fresh", and I have no reason not to
believe my vet.

I just thought I'd mention this as I know the cost of Lupron is normally
very expensive, but if this is the only choice for your adrenal ferret
and you can't afford buying Lupron, you may want to check some large farm
animal vets to see if they can help out.

Linda, Shreddy, Finnigan, Scrumpy and Sterling