Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:09:04 -0500
Hi All,

Well, just wanted to update folks on little Sugar Magnolia.

She has learned, in the past week, that socks are for stealing (now tell
me how does a ferret who doesn't yet completely understanding the concept
of bedding learn to steal socks and hide them????)  That raisins are good
things.  And that you don't bite Ma's feet, you nudge with your nose.
Makes her jump just as high.

OK, so the last one is a combination of cold nose and delicate skin.  I
have several bruises on my feet from her nips.  She doesn't bite feet
like she bites hands, probably because she never saw any.

She still grabs for my hand, but is getting better.  She is obviously
very high strung still, lots of new stuff to contend with and lots of new
emotions.  She gets frustrated very easily.  She chuckles constantly when
in motion.  And I do mean constantly.

Sugar seems to think the only way to interact with the others is to sleep
with them, or to clean ears.  She has fallen in love with both Brock and
Phillycheesesteak (or as St.  Catherine of the Porceleine ferrets call him
PhillyBeef&Swiss).  She follows them around and tries to pin them to clean
their ears.  They both hate it.  But they really seem to understand that
she doesn't understand.  They are very patient with her.

She curls up a lot with Nickyboy to sleep.  He has not been feeling well
lately and is sleeping more.  I guess I would too if I were an 8 year old.

She still lets me hold her and pet her.  But she has less patience for it
now.  Seems to have too much to do.

She regular decamps from the master bedroom and stays in the living room
longer and longer.  She has also learned to climb up my red chair (in which
I love to sit).  Natasha taught her how.  sigh.  So now I cannot just pick
my feet up to avoid her nips.

But then, Missygirl (aka Natasha) did the same thing. Sugar is going to end
up like Missygirl. Both are extremely athletic and strong. Both are/were
biters. hmmmm....

Sugar has lost some weight.  Wonder why?  lol.  She has gotten fixed and
is constantly on the move now.  It is funny to see how similar she is to
Missygirl and also to William and Harry.  These four are very active and
sleep less than any of the others.  They are also all from private
breeders.  And they are all pretty lean right now.  Of course, the brothers
will get porky again in the winter I am sure.

Actually, I am amazed at how much progress Sugar is making in such a short
period of time.  I do try to do some reiki on her when I hold her, and it
seems to help settle her.  and since I am working on my business stuff
right now, my whole house is smelling of essential oils, so I think that
is helping too.  I know it sure helps me settle.

blessings,

Mo' Maggie and Miss Magnolia

"She comes skimmin' through rays of violet, she can wade in a drop of dew,
She don't come and I don't follow, waits backstage while I sing to you."

Sugar Magnolia, Greatful Dead