From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:43:46 -0400
To Tofuz's mom-

I couldn't post to you personally, since you posted anonomously, so I'm
directing my comment to the list.

It's a good idea for all of your fuzzies to get used to the taste of duck
soup.  I give it to mine regularly as a treat.  Since they can sometimes be
reluctant to try a new food, you want them to view it as "the good stuff."
Once they're used to it as good food, if you need to give them supplemental
feeding during recovery from surgery, or if they are ill, you won't have to
face the hurtle of forcing an unfamiliar food on a ferret that is sick and
doesn't want to eat in the first place.

Since my guys think duck soup is a great treat, when they get it for health
reasons, they think "Cool--I'm being given all I want of this treat!"  And
the gobble it down willingly.

Melodyt and the nifty nine
(missing Frisky and Ginger)

P.S. Duck soup bought at least two to three months of good quality life
for one of my ferrets with cancer.  It gave him the energy to play and
enjoy the life he had left.