From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 08:40:24 -0500
Ok this is Max's mother or past mother.  For those of you who read FML
regularly you know that Max passed over the bridge a short time ago.  The
two other ferrets who shared a cage with him--are major depressed.  Baby
sometimes refuses to get out of the cage at playtime and when he does get
out he runs thru the tube once or twice and then goes and lies down until
its time for return to the cage.  Sara is very bored and rather skittish.
We have to have separate playtimes for them and the 3 big ferrets as the
big boys either insist on trying to mate with Sara (yes they are all
neutered) or they beat her and Baby up and drag them around by their ears.

I called the vet to see if anyone ever brought in ferrets to be euthanized
because they no longer want them--they said once in a while that happens--
they posted the information on their bulletin board in case that occasion
arises.  I have my name on the list for ferrets at the local dog pound.
The nearest shelter in KC is contaminated with ECE which would be deadly to
my old ferrets.  The other shelter is in Lawrence which is about 80 miles
away.  I got two of my ferrets there, but it is so far to go.  I dont mind
having an older ferret about 2-3 years old.  I dont really want a kit.  It
would need to be a small male (is that possible) so he could share the cage
with Sara and Baby.

Just wanting to talk about it--still makes me sad about Max-but I feel he
is happy now and perhaps has a new fur coat or maybe still bald and
beautiful.