From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:53:35 -0500
Finally after much delay, I've almost caught up.  I'd like to announce
some more of the winners from the Ferret Poem Book Poetry Contest.

The Freeform Poetry contest was close.  My wife and I argued over the
winner while consuming Wendy's french fries for a while before picking the
winner.  After much wrestling (and stares from other dinners) we decided
that "Fuzzie, fuzzie my little one" by Risa Di Vincenzo was our favorite.
Many dooks to you!  I have a stained glass ferret contemplating a bonsai
tree and a gift certificate.  One is for you and one is for the ferret
shelter of your choice.

Deciding which Rainbow Bridge entry was our favorite was very hard also.
After all of the tears were wiped up, we decided that the winner was the
poem "You said you loved me" by Jean Caputo-Lee.  There is a stone statue
and a gift certificate waiting for you now.  Since Jean is writting from
Ferrets Unlimitted Ferret Shelter in Ohio, I guess "one for you and one
for a shelter" policy is a bit redundant ;-)

The Fairy (Ferret) Tail winner turned out to be pretty easy.  Not because
all of the other stories were bad.  I loved them all!  One of them though
I just seemed to capture the spirit of a ferret perfectly!  For writting
a story about a World War 1 Flying Ace, I'd like to congratulate Dharma
Bum for writting "Ralph".  Thank you.  I have a box commemorating the
Adventures of Fertlock Holmes and a gift certificate.  Of course the "one
for you and the other for the shelter of your choice" policy applies.

I should have the song winner in a day or two.  We have narrowed the field
down to just a few songs.  Unfortunately I can't sing the songs well enough
to figure out which ones are likely to make it to the pop charts.

To download a copy of the Ferret Poem Book, visit
httpd://www.gis.net/~bpcoffey/furball.html

Bryan Coffey & The Weasel Warriors

[Moderator's note: httpd?  What's that?  I think you mean http://...  BIG]