Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:30:17 EST
[Unable to display image]
Hello Everyone!

My name is Buffie.  I have 4 ferrets.  I have posted b4 about vacation in
New Mexico.  I have 4 questions to ask for those that knows about it or
have one.  Please forgive me if I made the list so long.

One of my ferrets, is always scratching and biting himself.  He has NO
fleas, never been outside the house and I believe he has a very sensitive
skin.  I give him ferretone.  I tried to bathe him with ferret shampoo that
has Aloe Vera.  It didn't help.  I thought maybe is the soap I use to wash
their things.  I use plain TIDE no bleach or the fragrance.  Does anyone
recommenced something help to wash my ferrets stuff or what can I do for
one of my ferrets that is so miserable.  I feel so bad for him.  Is there
something I can put on him or give him something to help make his skin not
so dry?  Please help me with this.  I don't want to bathe him often cuz it
might dry his skin even more.

I would like to know if anyone have a long plastic thing that turns into a
play pen for the ferrets.  I think its called THE GRRREAT WALL.  I have
seen them in the ferrets magazines.  I ve always wonder does it really hold
up with nothing to support it?  If the ferrets stand up and lean on it,
will it fall down?  Im looking for a safe play pen for my ferrets when I go
on vacation.  It wont be until August and I like to find one by then.  I
stay in the Condo and its NOT ferretproof and hard to make it ferretproof.

There is another one that I found in the dog catalog call PET USA.  Its
called portable pet play yard goes anywhere.  Interlocking, expandable
panel gates allow you to easily change the size and shape of the play area,
indoors or out.  Durable, see-through plastic panels let you keep an eye on
pets, are easy to clean and fold fast for travel.  Carrying strap included.
Comes with six interlocking panels measuring 26"H x 34" W.  Allow to play
19.2 square foot play area.  Does this sound like a safe play pen?  If u
know the best play pen there is PLEASE let me know, I would love to hear
about it.

My last question.  I saw in the Modern Ferrets magazine about the rice box
like sand box.  I would like to try that cuz I know they will love it.  it
says in the magazine to use PLAIN rice not instant rice.  Has any of you
tried this for your ferrets?  Did they have problem eating it?  That's what
concern me the most is intestinal blockage from the rice.  Is plain rice
REALLY safe for the ferrets if they eat it?  Just being a very protective
Mom.  Thank you very much and would love to hear any answers.

Buffie
 & the Furkids