From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:07:45 -0500
>From:    Darrin vickmark <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ECE question/ Dr. Williams
>I just read that someone's ferret had gotten ECE from a pet store
>supposedly from handling the ferrets there.  Should i worry about this?

Yes, you should definitely worry about this!  I personally know of too many
cases where someone has handled pet store ferrets and shortly there after,
their own ferrets came down with ECE.  The coincidence is just too great
to ignore.

Personally, if my ferrets didn't already have ECE, I wouldn't even go near
baby ferrets in the pet store... as hard as that may be.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Help Line, 305-752-7040
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc