From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 02:19:23 -0600
Hello FML,

I visited a friend's house over the weekend and she has two beautiful
ferrets.  She is a great ferret mom and so are her two teenage daughters.
But what bothered me was how big these guys are.  Now i've seen a lot
of "big", healthy ferrets...but I know these guys don't hardly get any
exercise because she works two jobs and her kids live with their dad.
They were bragging about how big and fat they were.  I was just sad because
I know that they probably get out maybe once a day and get very little
exercise.  For kibble, they get the ferret Ultimate or Ultra from Wal-Mart
(I can't remember which she said).  As far as litter, she was using a clay
cat litter.  They were sleeping at the bottom of the cage where their food
bowl, water bottle and litter pan were...they had to sleep on top of each
other because there was no room for them to spread out.

Anyways...I was just worried about health problems that go along with obese
ferrets...do any of you know or have any suggestions I can pass along to
her.  Like I said, she is a wonderful ferret mom and loves them to death,
I just would like to let her know of any complications that may arise from
them being so fat.  I have six fuzzies and none of them are even near that
fat...mine are very healthy and plump but not overweight.  Thanks guys!

Warm *fuzzy* love!
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe, Spunky & Leah