From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 04:13:48 GMT
Dee:

>Emails are not always the best way to communicate and I often blame myself
>for wording things wrong.

I understand. I, myself, have clicked 'send' a time or two, only to realize
my mistake(s) afterwards.

I appreciate your explanation as well as your kind words regarding Renny.
I'm sorry for misunderstanding that part of your post.  I didn't want
others to think I hadn't taken her to see any veterinarians.  We were going
once, sometimes twice a week, for almost two months.  Not once did it ever
occur that you were insinuating I wasn't a good ferret mom.

I had planned to include a few of the many reasons why I believe diagnosis
from afar (which has greatly benefited my ferrets, and myself, on more than
one occasion) is both valid and beneficial, but decided not to.  The
information I have been fortunate enough to receive has been 'on the mark'
every time.  Assistance from afar, can, and usually does, include many
approaches, in addition to diagnosis.  Input, from afar, can be a very
useful and helpful 'tool', in and of itself.  It is, if one will, a
collective gathering of information, ideas, suggestions, and resources.

All of us still have lots to learn about ferret health.  It would be such
a shame and a disservice, IMO, to discount or keep to one's self, anything
that might be useful, or of any help at all.

I think we need to recognize this for what it is: a difference of opinion,
to be respected as such.  I'm not saying either is necessarily wrong, only
different.  I also feel that it's time we moved on.

Thanks again, Dee.

Sincerely,
Sonya